Five benefits of good flexibility are:
1. Less Pain – Lack of flexibility can contribute to back and neck pain and muscle pain. Increasing your flexibility by regularly stretching can help alleviate pain.
2. Greater Strength – It’s easier to gain muscle strength if a person has good flexibility. The more flexible a person, the less chance they have of straining or pulling a muscle when trying to increase strength.
3. Improved Balance – The more stretch the muscles have, the greater the range of motion of the joints and the better balance one has.
4. Handle More Physical Stress – When a person has good flexibility their muscles are more relaxed and can relax more easily when faced with physical stress.
5. Improved Overall Body Movement – The more flexible a person is, the quicker the body can react to sudden changes in position and the better overall body movement they have.
Dr. Scott Gardner and the team at Gardner Family Chiropractic can be reached at (973) 614-9256 and is located at 799 Clifton Ave, Clifton, NJ 07013.
Click here to receive more information & to schedule your appointment.